Thursday, December 22, 2011

The gift of Christmas

I've now officially broken up from the day job for a week or so. Time to rescue the house - having three teenagers at home whilst I'm at work is not a good thing. The fridge has now been filled (again), the freezer is stuffed with goodies and the pantry is a danger zone thanks to the shelves groaning with treats ready for family and friends.
For many people life is not so kind, my next job today is to send my charity donations for Christmas. I have some causes I support all year round - my local hospice, the RNLI, and the air ambulance are my main ones but at Christmas I always try to give extra money where I can. The real message of Christmas isn't the gifts or the food and parties but in the true wealth of life, family, friends and the thankfulness for the bounty we've recieved all year. The joy of Christmas lies in sharing with others especially with those who may be struggling.
I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and hope that the season is filled with blessings for you and yours.

2 comments:

Judy Jarvie said...

Wise and thoughtful words, Nell.
Have a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year. Judy

Phillipa said...

Well said, Nell - have a really lovely Christmas and thank you for all you have done for me and others this year.