Monday, February 22, 2010

Life with the Belles

Miss La, my youngest belle has finally been cleaning her room out over half-term. Cue the appearance of tons of washing. I peered in the basket and noticed some of it appeared to be from the summer and some didn't seem to have been worn. I asked her if it was all dirty and she said - 'Well, it's hard to tell the clean stuff from the dirty stuff when it's all been shoved under the bed.'
When I just looked at her she gave a big dramatic shudder and said 'besides think - it's all covered in scary dust mites now so it's all dirty.'
I haven't decided if I'll let her live till she's 12 yet.
Highlight of my weekend though had to be a visit to my parents. I suspect My Dad has the same sense of humour as Miss La. For some reason we got onto discussing funerals - as you do - and music. My mother has long had her funeral all picked out and she favours more traditional type music. We were discussing exit songs and I mentioned I wanted Monty Pythons 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life.' My Dad said he wanted Johnny Cash. My Mom and I stared at him for a minute as we know what his favourite Johnny Cash track is. Luckily it turned out he didn't want the one we thought he wanted but 'If I were a Highwayman', instead.
Can you guess which Johnny Cash song we thought he meant? Yep - 'Burning Ring of Fire'
With lyrics like:
Love is a burning thing
and it makes a firery ring
bound by wild desire
I fell in to a ring of fire...

I fell in to a burning ring of fire
I went down,down,down
and the flames went higher.
And it burns,burns,burns
the ring of fire
the ring of fire.

The taste of love is sweet
when hearts like our's meet
I fell for you like a child
oh, but the fire went wild..

I fell in to a burning ring of fire.....[etc]

Yep - that would have raised a few eyebrows at the crem!

No comments: