Thursday, October 02, 2008

On your marks..

I think we're pretty well set for the trip. Just need to get my expenses money changed into dollars and find a suitable bag to pack my things in. Apparently I can check in on line tomorrow and print off my boarding pass! I have a ton of paper to look at while I figure out which workshops I want to do and all the really cool events they are putting on. I'm getting really excited now about it all. It's felt a bit unreal as it's happened so quickly and there was such a lot to do to prepare for the trip.
I'm still undecided about taking my laptop. On the one hand I could get lots of writing done during the journey but on the other hand I don't know if I can cope with carrying it and my bags on the trains and plane and buses. What to do?

3 comments:

Michelle Styles said...

Take a notebook. I always write in a notebook on planes. It means it is lighter and then when I transcribe, the word count goes up.
Have fun.

Judy Jarvie said...

Have a fabulous trip Nell. Write like the wind (however you achieve it!)

Nell Dixon said...

Finally decided I can't take my laptop so I bought a cute pink notepad to write in instead. I've tried to keep my stuff to a minimum as the hip will be bad after all the travelling and it's worse if I have heavy stuff to tote.