Thursday, May 10, 2007

Eeeny-meeny-miny-Tag!


I wanted to gloat about the concert but I've been tagged by Meg and Amelia to do this 8 things meme. So, guess what my eight things are gong to be about? hehehehe. Plus I want an excuse to post another pic of Bryan on my blog.


This is my screen saver.

Eight Things about Bryan Adams.

1. Whenever you see him in concert he always gives the impression that he really loves what he does. I've been to a lot of gigs and some just give the impression that they really don't want to be there. Bryan really goes out of his way to make every part of the audience feel as if they are involved in the show.

2. He is a very sexy guy. No, he's not conventionally good looking but the sexiest men often aren't. He's very confident about his music and that in itself is sexy.

3. His music is excellent, he can rock and do the big power soft rock ballards. He writes songs and plays guitar and he's never been afraid to try new styles of music.

4. His voice is just incredible. I don't think there would be a woman at that show who didn't feel that when he sang 'Have you ever really loved a woman' or 'lets make love' that he was singing that just for her and her alone.

5. There aren't any gimmicks. What you see is what you get. One guy in jeans and a plain tee shirt with a few other guys, making music. No flashy lights, costume changes, smoke effects, nothing. Just Bryan for two hours. He used two stages and often strolls out among the audience.

6. He does a lot of work for various groups, Born Free, Friends of the Earth etc. Born Free were there last night collecting and signing people up. He actively campaigns for the causes he believes in and isn't just a 'face' the way some celebrities are.

7. He's a talented photographer. He shot some pics recently for M&S of Bryan Ferry which were used in their ad campaign.

8. He's incredibly honest and straightforward. he was on Chris Evans radio show a while ago doing some stupid quiz thing where the celebs played to win seconds to promote themselves. Chris Eans offered him the chance to cheat when he didn't do too well and he refused saying a few seconds was fine. When he got his few seconds he just said he was playing a gig at wherever it was if anyone fancied coming along. It drove Chris Evans nuts, he couldn't understand why Bryan wasn't plugging an album or the tour or why he simply wouldn't cheat to have more time.

I think I'm supposed to tag someone but I can't remember who I tagged for this before so if you read it and want to play consider yourself tagged!

1 comment:

Susan Rix said...

I saw Brian Adams a few years ago in Hyde Park - I LOVE him. He's the most down-to-earth person. I remember there was a small podium/stage in the middle of the audience and he finished his concert standing in the middle of the crowd pulling fans onto the small stage to sing/dance with him. Wonderful.

Sue :-)