Thursday, April 12, 2007

Powderham Castle




We spent Easter Sunday here.

This is Powderham Castle, home of the Earl of Devon. We toured the house which was great fun. The last time I came here I was on honeymoon so it had been a few years!


The girls enjoyed decorating eggs and rolling eggs. We did two treasure hunts and toured the secret garden. The picture of the kitchen is especially for Michelle. It's a genuine victorian kitchen with a lead sink so when a plate was dropped whilst being washed hopefully the china wouldn't break.

4 comments:

L.K. Campbell said...

That looks like a beautiful place. I'm glad you had a good time. Welcome back!

Michelle Styles said...

Thank you for the picture of the Victorian kitchen. I do love kitchens like that. My children sigh at me. :)

It looks like a wonderful place.

Lis said...

Beautiful pictures :)

Anonymous said...

Looks gorgeous, Nell. The sort of place I'd enjoy looking round, too.