Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Techno - know how

Most of you have figured out by now that me and computers aren't exactly a match made in heaven. But I'm starting to find that my lack of computer saviness is hindering me in ways I hadn't anticipated. One of my goals this year was to figure out my promotions and marketing so I've been trying to learn the ropes from some experts in the field.
One of whom is the wonderful Dorothy Thompson from http://pumpupyouronlinebookpromotion.blogspot.com

I asked her some questions about Technorati and how it worked and she has a great step-by-step instruction post on there, so I'm going to give this a try.
I've also been trying to get my Myspace more user friendly - now that's a challenge on it's own.


Technorati Profile

2 comments:

Michelle Styles said...

Technorati is fine. I have been with them for about a year.

It can be interesting to see who links to you. If you have not read the article about Long Tail on Isabel Swift's blog you should. It explains about some of it.

The labels you use on the bottom of your post are important, technorati does pick up on them.

I have not bothered with putting the bit at the bottom. And it does not appear to have hurt my rankings.

People are doing searches for all sorts of reasons.They stay for the interesting content.

Two places you should look for marketing tips are http://www.successful-blog.com/ and http://mjroseblog.typepad.com/buzz_balls_hype/

Both provide other ideas about marketing and uses for blogs.

Jessica Raymond said...

Hmm, I think I should follow your link because I don't even know what Technorati is...

Jess x