Sunday, January 07, 2007

Uh-oh I did it again

This time last year I queried a few agents about Things To Do and had some good results but no cigar. My friend, Allison Littlehales, told me a while ago about a really good agent who she thought was looking for medical romance writers amongst other things. Over our usual coffeee and cakes I promised her that if M&B showed any interest in Charlie darling I'd follow it up.
Guess what, I finally got my courage up and did it last night while the net was co-operating. This morning I woke up to a request to see the full ms and a 3-5 page synopsis.
So my goals have shifted a tinsy bit to allow for this new development. I need to rewrite the synopsis as I only usually write 2 page ones and the one for Charlie is woeful to say the least. Then I must finish Making Waves, I've only a little bit left to do. My plans are more or less firmed up for my new medical so I need to draft a rough synopsis for that too. Looks like a busy week.

5 comments:

Lis said...

Oh congrats on the request!! Wonderful news :o) Best of luck!

Sara Hantz said...

WTG, Nell. Fingers crossed!

Judy Jarvie said...

Wey hey Nell - fingers and toes and everything crossed. Sounds v promising though. jx

Allison said...

Me? Say I told you so? Nah...

Fantastic news, Nell! I have everything crossed. Well done for writing such a fab story and well done for finding the courage to query!

Allison- who's wondering what I can promise you to do at our next coffe and cake session.

Nell Dixon said...

Lol at Allison! Thanks all as soon as I hear anything good or bad I'll post.