Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Conference - part one

Some of you will have heard the rumours that I am about to try my hand at a medical romance. Stop sniggering and saying told you so, Michelle, Pat, Amanda, Jess and Janet.
This is as a result of my chat with the lovely Linda Fildew, senior editor at Mills and Boon. I’m really not at all sure that I can do this let alone write in the style needed for the line. But you know me, I can’t resist a challenge and this last year has seen me writing lots of things which I had previously never thought I’d be able to write.
I’ve also given my word to Michelle Styles that I would write it so I’ve started. Remember Charlie Darling??? Well it’s now going to be a medical, the rough synopsis is done and I’m kicking off on the first page.
Linda told me she was going to tell Sheila, head of the medical line to look out for a partial from me in the next few weeks so if my posts become a little brief you’ll know why.

8 comments:

Amanda Ashby said...

Hooray!

Michelle Styles said...

Throws hat in the air.

Double hooray.

Charlie Darling sounds really good btw. So good that I am going to ignore the fact you have promised a maternity unit one as well...

Jessica Raymond said...

Yay! I always knew you could do a medical, and I'm pleased to see Michelle mention a maternity unit one, too -- I always thought you'd be great at doing a "baby clinic" kind of series! :) xx

Christina Phillips said...

Have fun with the Medical, Nell!

Nell Dixon said...

Glaring pointedly at Michelle and Jessica. Are you rwo ganging up on me???

Lis said...

Sure looks like they are Nell lol
best of luck with CD!

Nell Dixon said...

Hi Ray-Anne! With all these people with so much faith in me I'd better keep writing. I'm halfway through chapter one and so gar my heroine has smashed the hero's greenhouse and burnt down his garden fence.

Trish Wylie said...

Good luck with that Med Nell!!!! From what I hear you'll do just grand...